Sunday, March 02, 2008

A great Day has arrived......

I havent waited more anxiously for this day ever
At same time I wasnt sure if the day would grace me .. I was waiting for it like sailors long to see the land .. like the parched earth, which is assaulted by the hot summer sun , waits for the first showers...

And some one rightly said, you get it when you need it most.
The placement week had started and I had been preparing for that week since a year . The night outs , the snatching of hours from sleep for studies, the immersion in books than in boo*s, the abstinenance, the focus kept alive amidst the volley of distractions all around.... all of these were with one purpose to be what I intended to be - on one lonely winter night back in 2006.

The goal of graduating from a B school and realising the same by getting into a job carved out for the activities that i went through during the process, was stronger and it grew more stronger day by day

So when the day dawned and calender read 25th February, I was all agog. I began the day by sleeping .. coz TCS - the company of my dreams awaited me in the morning and I was bracing to be at my best.... The preparations were the best I could muster ... and nothing now could improvise it .. I missed few mock exams and interviews .. blame them for (---- no we pick up this topic some time later ---)

So as I cuddled myself in the arms of sleep - I was already into it when i was awoken by some one pushing me hard enough to jostle me up from the slumber and throw me from the bed..
Seems YES bank had something to offer for me .. i turned around and found that history read
25th March: 01: 30 A.M

The drama went on for quite some time and then i decided I would not get what I had been waiting for, though the reward of turning away from TCS and accpeting YES bank offer , was outstandingly lucrative ...

so I said NO to YES bank and then went back to sleep... woke up .. the day was bright... reflecting my hope and I was so impatient to get into TCS that I rushed to the interview sooner than needed.. Was 2nd one in order to be interviewed. and then hell broke looose..

TCS was unwilling to accept a TCSer -I was the one who had been weaving his dreams along with TATA'S vision and had been giving his best all the time at the school just to make it a better more competative corporation ..

But then fate and more than that Mr. Ameya @ TCS played foul and I was not picked up ...
A shock encompassing mental and spiritual domains .... I could not answer the "why " of it ... even after hours of introspection ...

4 days went by -- whirlwind and slowest at same time .. Could not seep into my own self -- was detached and smile seemed to evaporate from my face ... Appeared for few companies -- Reliance being one of them,,,,,,

But the placement week was about to end .. and nothing had paid off ...
The doors were closed for CTS, CEB, HCL, Wipro, Satyam and am still counting ....
The results of Reliance was not out and sometime I was toying with the idea of joining the Infy BPO...
But then as the day ended on 29th Feb .. the spirit inside me was all soaked... it was spineless and was seething for mercy and hope ..
Hope was the key word.. it was not visible and vibrant but gave the strength to keep me in sane limits .. the voice to fight and keep the momentum on was alive ...
Nonethless one could not but surrender to the gloom --- the friendly concerns were there but little could they do to revive me ...

I slept like a log on the week end (29th Feb ) and then woke up ... zombied with the idea to go to PSA to have some decent food .. and I was at downstairs waiting for the group to assemble when the news for which I had a hopeless and seemingly endless wait, happened ..
I had been selected by Reliance and in a moment the me - was back in form ...
The wait, despair, hopelessness, fear was so much laughable .. but I knew when you are in .. you dont seem to realise the same ..

This was the most deseparate moments of my life and has taught me one great principle " Never ever to set a journey with out a plan and back iup .. Adventure and Thrill are sometimes less wanted and career path is one such journey where I would now let my head rule rather than heart " --- The lonely winter night of 2006 had injected in me a huge drive to move on and reach a lofty target -- but how and why was never planned , and I was wild enough to set for in the journey ---- " Will I do it the next time ??? " No says my head and heart ( and it is very rare to see them in unision ) but who knows what would they dictate some day later ....

Also memories, I believe, is like Vision.The nearer they are the larger they seem. So this moment migth go down as the most memorable/ most challenging times I faced/ most waited moments/ most cherishable moments.. soon to be dwarfed by something which happens in future.. The event in future might not be as grand as this is .. but certainly the proximity would give it an inflated look .. so till that moment arrives .. let the aura remain ...

No comments: