Friday, August 08, 2008

Alumni meet: Meeting in PRESENT with the PAST to decide the FUTURE


Being at cross roads of Time is always interesting .. like dreaming about how things would change at your graduation day at the first day in your college , or how YOUR kids would look like when you have just started dating your ( or some one else) girl friend .. or for that matter enjoying the deja-vu when you watch kids playing in rain and wished that you could return to the careless world , long to drive the time machine in reverse gear and be with same set of friends.....Sadly Science has taken a back seat in this case.. its all the mind game when it comes to meeting the time at its various stages..

so trying to brush the crap aside.. Last week ( well almost the last ) , we had this Alumni meet
" thrown" at us.. The first impression when we got the news from the 2nd (.. wait .. 3rd .. no no .. 4th )hand about Alumni meet @ SPJCM @ mumbai was Unplanned, Rushed in and a meeting befitting the underworld for it was so much hidden and less known about..

Call it being jobless and almost useless after my office hours, call it the lust for free booze, call it the meet to know profs in a decorumless environment and call it meet to meet some special bunch of old friends who bore the torture at campus with me for a year ... it was all that
Plus I was not at home cooking (thatz the most sensible thing I do after work) making some one else's dinner one more time pathetic...

So Steeeled was I in for the meet that the pouring super rains could not deter me ..at same time .. one of my good hearted friends was kind enough 2 let me hop in along with him in his car for the meet.. After this event .. Almost evry odd obstacle fell apart..
I need not worry about the turn out at the event for I had atleast a company of 4 ( that many ppl were in the car), no more worries on ruining my new shoes in rain or hopping around cabs/trains/buses to reach the place.
At the end, I felt, the meet would have been worth even with these obstacles. The meet was plain .. devoid of glitz which normally accompanies Alumni meet .. less of borrowed/imported good looking girls on stage( in fact there was no stage .. the room was small ..akin to what we see in TV .. the ideal meeting room for Revolutionaries.. small .. chairs all around .. and less of windows or glassy doors). The only thing that would widen your lips was the sight of Carlsberg.
But the fun was more than that .. I reconnected with my old friends.. friends who were limited to few lines on chat windows.. .friends boxed in adress book .. whom I never called just because I didnt knew what to talk .. friends who were around while I was hunting for them in all scientific manners.. The meetz focus revolved around future of college and how alumni could do and should do things.. it was quite a realisation ( and special thanks to Carlsberg for that) to find that indeed I had done a Time machine ride..

Being with old friends, now , to talk about our future..
What a Cross Road Sirjiii !!!

No comments: